About the Department
The Visual Communication degree as a creative profession has been the backbone of several of these Industries – Film, Television, Radio. Journalism, Advertising and Documentary. They also take care of several of these functions : Photography, Video Editing, Sound Design, Graphics & Animation. Development in digital technology has played significant role in the practice of this profession. It should also enable students to become an Entrepreneurs after completing the graduation.
The Visual Communication course will equip students with an understanding of how the Mass Media functions. Its role in past, present , future and learning its operational and artistic skills to make professional output. The field of Media is a constantly and rapidly changing one. So the focus of this course is not simply to teach students about Mass Media but rather to mould them with the technical skills and knowledge by creating an ambience for self-learning and self-reliance. This leads to the development of multi-skilled individuals who can contribute to various aspects of any Media organisation.
Program Specific Outcomes
1. Obtain a significant knowledge on fundamental and advanced aspects of Visual Communication
2. Gain in-dephn knowledge on pre production, production and post production process in TV Production and Film Making
3. Gain profiiency in studio tehniques such as Photography, Audiography and Videography
4. Gain the fundamental concept of Documentary and AD Filmaking
5. Gain insight into the various aspects of Script Writing, Direction and EditingAssimilate technical skills on Photography, Cinematography, Audio Editing and Video Editing, 2D and 3D Animation, Dubbing.