About the Department
Department of Information Technology of Noorul Islam College of Arts and Science was established in the academic year 2001-2002. Information Technology is a field of knowledge which is experiencing exponential growth in today’s world. The emergence of Internet brought revolution in the field of computing and information processing which was the next major revolution the world witnessed after industrial revolution. In fact the field of Information Technology not only involves the use of computers for calculation purposes but also it touches every sphere of the modern Human life. Aim of introducing this course in our college is to equip the youth with the know how and expertise to handle the technological aspects of information management. Since Information technology is inseparable in all spheres of the current world, this course has the potential of providing employment opportunities. Association of Information Technology, InfoIdols was instigated in the year 2006. This association conducts various activities like symposiums, seminars, workshops and competitions for the students so that they can get firsthand experience with the emerging technologies and practices. So far this department has the credit of producing 66 University ranks, among these 5 are gold medals. Our alumni were placed in prestigious multinational companies like Wipro, HCL, TCS, CTS, ILM, Global Sutherland, etc.
Crafting Information Driven Innovative Minds
· Make the students aware of the various avenues of Information Technology
· Make students technologically sound to handle the emerging IT scenarios
· Provide guidance to the students for getting placement in IT companies
· Organize technical programs like symposium, conferences, workshops and seminars to enrich the student’s knowledge about new developments in the IT industry.
· Share the knowledge and experience for the overall benefit of the society.
To become a leader in mentoring students to become competent researchers, technologists, innovators and entrepreneurs so that they can face any challenges related to Information Technology in their respective disciplines.
UNIVERSITY GOLD MEDALISTS
1. S. Sivasankari (2004-2007)
2. S.M. Sharifa Shafitha (2005-2008)
3. S. Karthika (2006-2009)
4. Dheema Fathima Jalaludheen (2007-2010)
5. T. Julie (2008-2011)